Responsive web design. But for a few years ago, it has been the main cause that we can enjoy, on a functional and visual level, all the content we consume on our indispensable electronic devices.
Without further delay, at Codesquarry we are delighted to tell you what responsive design consists of.
What is responsive web design and what is it for?
Responsive web design is that style of programming that allows the content of the site in question to adapt to any type of device at a visual and functional level.The same system with which the web has been created and laid out, makes everything we see fit the size of the screen being used.
Today the majority of the population uses the mobile device to read any information more frequently than the computer itself. Therefore, you have to think about the appropriate design for each of the screen sizes and their way of operating.
Building mobile websites should not be confused with responsive design . There are websites that have been designed directly for mobile phones, and that have their version for the computer, and another for the phone. In this case we would be talking about 2 different websites despite being the “same”.
The importance of having a responsive web design
Without a doubt, as we have already mentioned a few paragraphs ago, today, the vast majority of society uses devices such as Smartphones or Tablets a lot in their usual routine, whether it is to read, listen to music or contemplate the exciting and interesting life of humans on social media. In fact, our mobile phone is probably the last and the first thing you see when you go to sleep and wake up.
Given the seen. We must affirm that it is very important to use this type of design in everything that is created from now on and to be very attentive to the possible improvements. That arise in the sector to always be up to date. Without a doubt. If you have a responsive website, you have many more numbers to appear in the first results of the Google SERP. Since it is something that this search engine, like the others, values positively.
So, we can conclude that having a responsive design is important why :
- Better user experience.
- Important for your SEO.
- Improve your company’s branding.
- Increases the possibility of new leads and conversions.
Elements and tips to consider when designing a responsive website
Everything is very beautiful to see. But behind all the comfort and efficiency that we enjoy on a daily basis. There is a lot of work to carry out a good responsive design. From Digital Growth we would like to give you a few small brushstrokes and some tips that you have to take into account if you are going to work with responsive design.
- Readability : It is very important to choose the right typeface. The screen size of the device must be taken into account so that the letters change their size accordingly and the text can be easily read. Watch out for the default widths!
- Media : We talk about the photographs and the videos. Following the same logic as with typography. Visual sequences and images must be proportionate to the screen. in question. It is also important that these are well optimized. Since the loading time of the website may be affected.
- Screen format : Simply take into account the possibility that the text is vertical or horizontal. Since in the vast majority of devices it gives you a choice.
- Usability : Basically it is one of the reasons that makes responsive design exist . Typing on a computer keyboard is not the same as typing from the touch screen of a mobile phone or tablet. The size of the search engine, the letters, the options to mark etc. They are just some of the things that you will have to take into account if you are going to design a website that adapts to any device.